You are one month old today! There are so many things that have happened and that you have done in the last month that I don't want to forget and maybe you will be interested in reading these one day.
- You weigh 10 pounds according to our scale. Your last length measurement was 21 inches but, judging by the amount of room left in your sleepers, I think the doctor will tell us you've grown!
- You take mealtimes so seriously! You are nursing every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and do not let it take any longer, thank you very much.
- You are sleeping 2-3 hours at a time. Two nights you slept for 6 hours straight, which made your mommy very hopeful, but you're hanging onto those shorter intervals.
- You are starting to focus on objects. You followed me across the room with your eyes a couple of nights ago.
- You don't mind tummy time! You are lifting your head and even briefly got on your knees today!
- Swaddling helps you sleep at night but you hate it! I lie in bed and listen to you straining to get those little arms out of the blanket.
- Your hair is beautiful and still a mystery to us. Will it stay brown, turn red, or turn blond?
- You have held those tiny little hands up to your mouth since you were born and this hasn't changed! Chewing on your fists helps you feel better and I'm so sad to take them away when you are swaddled.
- Those hands make me smile-really I could take 100 photos of those hands and never capture their sweetness.
- We are starting to see your beautiful little grins, first in your sleep, and now you'll occasionally grin at us.
- You are enjoying your baths more. You just lie there looking at me while I bathe you. Baby lotion, however, is a different story. From your screams, it seems you have decided it's your mortal enemy!
- You are just about the noisiest creature I've ever heard-sneezes, grunts, coos, and "toots"... lots of "toots". :)
- You are beginning to be able to soothe yourself when you are upset. Usually, though, it still takes some snuggling and love. and rocking. and bouncing.
- You love the bear mobile on your pak n' play. You will stare at it for as long as it runs. Oh how we wish it were battery-operated.:)
- All it takes is that little lower lip starting to tremble to melt the heart of anyone around you and we are at your side right away.
We love you little guy!