Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Frustrated

I am frustrated. I went to the doctor again. 3 cm, 70% effaced, just no active labor. This is ok, though, because the induction day is Friday, right Regena? Well, it is unless the labor and delivery floor at the hospital is FULL, meaning if a room doesn't open up before Friday morning, we will have to be rescheduled. I know, go ahead and tell me that it's ok, you've waited this long, what's a couple more days? I'm impatient for this baby boy to come. Plain and simple. I know he could come on his own, in fact I'm praying for that and trying to be at peace. I'll just say it one more time, I promise. I don't want to wait three more days (the next scheduled day would be Monday). That's it. 
Now I will try to give you a break from my whining and distract myself by showing you some before and after project pictures. Chris and I undertook a lot of involved projects to get Jackson's room the way we wanted it, with lots of love and without spending tons of money. I think we did pretty well.:)

Remember the old dresser Chris' grandparents gave us?
 Chris did an amazing job stripping, sanding, and fixing what was broken.
The finished product: beautiful changing table and dresser that will be used for several years!
 Last thing we are working on is the bookshelf that will go in this space. Chris' mom made the awesome curtains!
It's come a long way!

Little baby boy, I am excited that you have a warm, comfortable room to come home to, but if we lived in a cardboard box and we kept you in a shoebox I would be just as happy. As impatient as I am, stay in there and come out when the time is right.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl I am so excited for you!!! You just let that baby boy come on his own! He will!!! I went into labor with both of mine on my own and it was a breeze- b/c they were ready! I would make an induction a last resort as too many of those end up in c-sections. So happy for you. You will LOVE being a mommy!

    ReplyDelete