Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Christmas Open House

  My earliest Christmas memories were always centered around my Grandparents. We lived with them for a time and they were practically my second parents. Christmas was always such a big deal at their house. Everyone-aunts, uncles, and cousins would pile into their house on Christmas Eve because Santa always came to Grandmother and Granddaddy's house. I have such good memories of Christmas and its preparations. Trays and containers of baked treats would start to appear not long after Thanksgiving. The wreaths and bows would come out and the handmade stockings would be hung on the mantle. The tree was the centerpiece and always had a glamorous flair-my Grandmother was a glamorous lady! I hope to keep many of those Christmas traditions with my family and I decorated this year with my family on my mind, especially my Grandmother. She knew how to make it special.

This is me, days old, underneath the Christmas tree.
 3 or 4 years old?

I would have loved to have every single one of you over to our house this Christmas so I decided to invite you to a "virtual open house". My decorations aren't expensive or necessarily impressive but they are special to me and it's much more fun to share!
Come on in!






Here is one most recent addition:

This little guy is going to have a fun first Christmas! He can be found pulling ornaments and lights off the bottom of the tree and even getting stuck behind it occasionally. Christmas is so much more fun with him!



We can't wait to make our own family's Christmas memories and I hope that our kids have such good memories of their early Christmases.

Thank you so much for stopping by our open house and indulging me in some Christmas memories.:) I hope your Christmases are wonderful and your time with family is special!

No comments:

Post a Comment