Oh my heart, you are my 11-month-old baby who is hardly my baby anymore! There are still moments that I can steal a snuggle, a head laid on my shoulder, or brief times of sleeping in my arms. All the other times you are on the move! At 11 months:
- You are a crawling machine. You are not really even close to walking-you don't need to because you can get everywhere on your knees!
- You do stand for brief periods of time and you are good at pushing your walking toys around-no independent steps yet.
- You are still a good eater. You still love the avocado/banana combo but your new likes are Spaghetti-Os, blueberries, Goldfish, pretty much anything on Mama's plate.
- You love clapping for yourself and your accomplishments.
- You LOVE music. You love the drum at Granna's house and can be found dancing and nodding/shaking your head to your favorite beats.:)
- You are figuring out toys/shapes/pieces. For instance, you can figure out how to put the triangle into the triangle hole in the shape sorter, and you know that the cookies go in Cookie Monster's mouth.
- You are loving books, especially the ones that you can touch/feel/lift the flap. You sit independently and turn the pages of books the right direction (even though the book is sometimes upside down, haha).
- You love being chased by Mama or Daddy. It's such a fun game to you.
- You have 6 teeth!! Whoa. I wouldn't say you have had a terrible teething experience, but I know you have been uncomfortable.
You are happiness and joy and fun and laughter. You have so much ahead of you and I find it hard to imagine that I will be able to love the 1, 2, or 3 year old you as much as I love the you right now-although I know I will figure it out.:) I get you up in the morning and you look out the big window in the front of our house with eyes wide open and we say "Good morning world!" Your eyes light up as if you are imagining all the day has in store for you. I would love to be able to fill those eyes up with only good things-love, kindness, peace. I pray that God keeps you in His hands always and protects you, cares for you, and comforts you. We love you, Baby Boy!