Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Today

So it hasn't been the greatest day today.  Generally I try to have a positive outlook and make the best of things.  Today it's been hard to find a bright side.  Nothing really has happened.  Certainly nothing bad has happened.  Have you ever had the doldrums at times and can't really pinpoint a reason? 
So my friend Kristen has a blog that I have been reading for years.  She usually writes entries on Thursdays called "Thankful Thursday".  I have been tempted while writing this blog to "borrow" that idea.  However, I wanted to be more original and not copy her idea.  Right!?  Sorry Kristen, I'm borrowing.  I've decided I need to count my blessings today and focus on those instead of this stinky mood I've been in.  OK, here goes...these are some of the things I am thankful for:
~My husband who loves me and always takes care of me.
~My puppy who ALWAYS greets me at the door wagging his tail like he hasn't seen me in a month.
~My family who loves me even when I'm stinky.
~4th of July fireworks!! 
~Upcoming anniversary trip that I have to look forward to.
~The blessing of having a decent job this summer.
~My in-laws who, I have to say, are pretty darn cool.
~The fact that I get to sleep in tomorrow.
~For friends far away and near.
~For a Father who is always near and makes His presence known in even the small things.













I rejoice in the hope of the glory of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment