Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Current Project

I have to be honest. We (I) haven't gotten a lot done since we moved into our house. I have gotten two rooms painted and that's about it. Busy-ness and tired-ness have been my downfall so far. However, I have three days off and I am on a mission to get something done. I'm not really feeling the painting right now so I have decided to pick a fun project that I can handle, that will make a big impact on our house.

This is the room I would love to be working on:


This is going to be Baby Hughes' room! However, since we don't know if Baby H is a boy or girl yet, I'm not ready to do anything with it (yet). Currently it is the catch-all room.

My project this week is this wall:


This is a nice big blank wall behind our couch. The walkway is right behind the couch. I'm thinking gallery wall!


I've been laying out what we already have in the way of frames to try to get an idea and this is what I've got so far. I'm thinking about painting the matting on the red ones, painting the cheap wooden ones, and finding some great photos to go in them, possibly with some pretty scrapbook paper. I'm wanting this to be something really meaningful and special with lots of pictures of family. My color scheme is going to include blue/yellow/green which is a departure from my normal go-to color-RED. 

Has anyone else done a gallery wall? Any suggestions/ideas? I'll post pictures of the finished project, of course. I can't wait to see this when it's done!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done one, but I love how your layout is looking! I can't wait to see pics - I'm sure it will look great! And I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl!

    Hope you guys are doing good! We might be coming to Knoxville in September. Maybe we can eat together one night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good idea! I love making art out of personal pictures that mean something to you! Brad and I have always had what I've called a "picture hallway" (even if it's not technically in a hallway) in every house we've ever lived in. I don't really have any suggestions other than laying them out on the ground beforehand like you are. And remember that there are no rules. You can do eclectic or streamlined, straight edges or haphazard, etc. Whatever you decide, you'll love!

    And btw, don't worry for a second about the process being slow. Settling into a new home is a slow process for everyone. And you're growing a child. Baby H is definitely the priority when it comes to energy spent. Can't wait to find out if it's a he or a she! :D

    ReplyDelete