Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Amazing Week


This HAS been an amazing week and I have to thank God for all His blessings. There are so many things on my mind and this will probably be a post about a variety of things. First of all, my sister passed her licensing exam and is now an official physician assistant with a job that she loves. I am so proud of her.

Saturday, as you can probably tell from the photos, my little brother got married this weekend! It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. It's so hard to believe that he's even old enough to be an adult and now he's married to a beautiful girl and has a wonderful job. We are all so proud of them and I know my Dad would be bursting with joy.

Today, of course, is 9/11. I have so many memories of this day. I was actually asleep in my dorm room I shared with Cherie, Ginny, and Kristen at Harding. I still remember the shock and disbelief and uncertainty I felt as we watched what was happening on TV. Something I remember most is a memorial service at Harding, a Christian school, which included ministers and church leaders of all denominations all over the city.  I can't believe that was 10 years ago! 

On a happier note, we had our gender ultrasound this week and found out that our little person in there is a boy! Now, this came as no surprise to Chris, who said that he knew it was a boy all along. It was a surprise to me, though. I had honestly been thinking girl all along. Regardless of our predictions, we are both thrilled and soo excited for the day when we get to meet our little guy. We don't have a name picked out for sure yet, but we're working on it! We have some we're kicking around and will let you know when we know!

It has definitely been a week filled with emotion and joy. We went to the cemetery today to put some beautiful wedding flowers on my Dad's grave and my grandparents' grave, and I certainly had some tears for the things that might have been and the things that I can't help but wish could be. However, I know they would have wanted us to move on and enjoy the blessings that are so obvious in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on so many different things! For your sister, your brother, but especially your son!!! We are so happy for you! - KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! CONGRATS on a little boy!! So excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete