Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's Really Here!

Much of the time Fall technically arrives in Tennessee but Summer weather is still holding on. Not this year! It actually feels and smells like Fall around here! This is definitely one of my favorite times of the year but with all the activities it seems to go so fast! Does it seem that way to you? 
Anyway, I've been cleaning today and my vacuum cleaner actually died on me. It may have overheated because it started right back up again in about 20 minutes. However, my cleaning concentration was broken and I haven't gotten quite back into my groove yet. Please tell me this happens to you sometimes.
Newsworthy...If you haven't heard, Baby H now officially has a name! This is the ONLY name Chris and I even remotely agreed upon and we had a solid agreement on this one...Coming in January, 2012-Jackson Wade Hughes! I love it and I think it is a good, strong name. He has celebrated his name by starting to move around and "kick" in the form of little pokes to my belly. I have definitely been waiting for this to happen and I will be so excited when Chris gets to feel it too!
Houseworthy...My mom was here this weekend and actually helped me with some motivation on starting to get the nursery in order. This had to begin with an excavation of the actual room from the mound of boxes which were being stored there. These were boxes of things that actually did not have a "place" to go in our house. I am not very talented at organization and often boxes like this perplex me so that they don't actually move anywhere for a while. Sometimes a long while. Anyway, those boxes are finally in the unpacking, organization, and moving stage and I'm feeling quite a bit better about the nursery. I mean, it's not like we have a deadline or anything. ;) We have the crib, we have picked out the bedding, and I think we have a paint color. I can't wait to see this room take shape and will certainly post some photos!
Meanwhile, here is the project that I mentioned I was working on a few weeks (months?) ago-our collage wall. I love how it turned out and I'm not really even bothered by the empty frames (they had to get out of our floor!). I'm sure they will be filled by someone special here in the next few months! Also included are some updated progress photos of the living room that some of you have been asking for.

 Our collage wall! Much more difficult to hang than I imagined, but it's done! The room you see in the distance is the dining room (red and gold paint). Our plan for that is a farmhouse table and Georgian Green (Benjamin Moore) for the wall color. (Paint color stolen from my sister's house!)


We've still got a lot to go but I'm already loving the feel of this room. Quite a change from the reds and golds that I usually gravitate toward. Imagine with me, if you will, hardwood floors, soft, flowing curtains at the windows, and possibly a re-tiled fireplace. Am I dreaming? Yes. Those are the projects we want to accomplish when we have the time. And oh yes, the money.:) Maybe my fairy-godmother will pay us a visit. Until then, I am so happy with our home and excited more about the new things to come!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the wall in your living room! It is perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Jackson! The wall collage looks great too!!

    ReplyDelete