Friday, December 30, 2011

Two Christmases

Well, it was a different kind of Christmas this year. I felt so different about it this year and all I can think is it was because of our little baby boy coming in January. Gifts didn't seem important. I had to work on Christmas Day. In fact, I read the Christmas story in Luke in my car the morning I had to work and it impacted me more than ever. I'm so glad our time with family was well spent and we kept the important things in the forefront. Our festivities started out Christmas Eve, during which we got together with Chris' family. Lots of food and good family time! I wish I had taken some pictures but that didn't happen much this holiday. My family came from middle Tennessee Christmas night. It's funny because we had some miscommunication about dinner and we needed to find something for Christmas dinner. Someone suggested ordering pizza which sounded good to everyone else. Do you know how many pizza places are open Christmas night? You guessed it...zero. In fact there were only 2 restaurants that we could find open-Waffle House and McDonald's. Well, we got some hamburgers and chicken nuggets and sat around the table to our Christmas dinner. It was classic! I did get some pictures of that night. 


 Tess, the Christmas Wonder-pup


 Emily's new apron.

We had some great family time and definitely had a Christmas that we will remember!

On a totally different note, We are almost finished with the nursery! Photos will follow, of course. Here is a photo of our next project, the dresser which will be Jackson's changing table. It's a piece from the 1950's and belonged to Chris' grandparents and they gave it to us free! Yes, it's seen better days, but with a little sandpaper, paint, hardware, and TLC, it's going to look beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment