Saturday, March 17, 2012

You Can't Stop Time


but the weird thing is that I have decided I don't want to!

Jackson was 7 weeks old yesterday and...I put away his newborn sleepers this morning. He can't wear them anymore. His toes might start poking out the bottom. They used to be too big for him. Sigh. I don't know how it happened but he's not my tiny little bundled newborn anymore. I'm sure all you mamas out there understand perfectly. I know it was only 7 weeks ago, but so much growing has happened since then! I remember holding him and staring at him the first couple days of his life and thinking, " I won't be able to handle it if he ever grows bigger". I teared up thinking about him every being big enough to go to Kindergarten! Yes, I know, little bit of hormones playing into that one.

The fact of the matter is, he is growing and he's even better than he was all those 7 weeks ago. I never could have imagined that I would love this boy just the same and even more than I did then. Am I making sense to anyone but my(still probably hormonal)self? I have discovered that, even though this very present moment seems like the most special, each new moment is going to be just as special and even better! Look at this little boy:


I don't know if you can see the tears in his eyes, but seconds before this his bottom lip was poking out and quivering and we were on the verge of a meltdown. However, as what happens whenever that lip starts quivering, he quickly had Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma by his side doing whatever they could to make it better. We got this sweetest boy smile for our efforts. Break. My. Heart. He's beginning to be able to feel emotions and respond to people. He smiles more every day! He becomes more amazing every day that I know him. I know how this is going to go. Today is going to be my favorite moment with him. I'll remember those sweet bundled newborn days but today is much better. All I know is I could never have imagined how amazing this kind of love was going to be. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh you are experiencing the bittersweetness of motherhood. I don't think I truly understood the meaning of the word bittersweet till I had a child. How I love the stuff to come leaving the greatness off past behind is sad. Oh My friend those feeling dont go away or get easier, actually they only get more intense. Hormones never calm down, tears come daily for me. You go girl! Enjoy your baby every day is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete