Monday, May 14, 2012

Times to Remember

Last week was just all-around pretty good. Chris had his 6-month scope at Vanderbilt. Up until now, every test he has had has shown the same or worsening of his condition...ulcerative colitis if you are not aware. This test showed the same or maybe even a little better! We will take what we can get and keep praying for any improvement! After a long morning at Vandy, we went to the newly-reopened Opry Mills for lunch at Chuy's with my mom and uncle. Next was a stop at Bass Pro Shop where we picked up my mother's day present...

A hammock for the backyard!

Of course, it needs to be hung, but I am so excited. We have the perfect trees and shade for hammock-swinging in our yard. Hammock pics to follow soon of course!

When we came back to Knoxville I had to work three nights, Wednesday thru Friday. Not that fun, of course, but they went fast and now I am off thru this Thursday. A nurse's schedule is not too bad, especially when you get lots of days off to spend playing with little guys like this one:



This boy is growing! He is holding himself up, holding and playing with his toys, and constantly smiling! He is more and more fun every day and I am so blessed to be his Mama. I'm wanting time to slow down but can't wait to see what he will accomplish next.

Saturday we went out for an early Mother's Day dinner, thinking we would beat the rush...not so much. We had a long wait but Jackson was the best baby. We went to Lakeside Tavern and the hostess seated us at what she called the best table in the house. It was a beautiful night with great food, great company, and a nice view. Maybe the best thing was another early gift Jackson gave me, taking a nice little catnap during dinner. Chris and I didn't have to race through our meal as usual, but got to take our time and relax. Thanks Baby Boy!
Our week ended Sunday with a great morning at church, lunch with my boys, a lovely nap on a grey rainy day, and dinner out for Chris' mom. 


I am counting my blessings, being thankful for my own wonderful mother, and remembering and missing my grandmother. As with all holidays, there are people struggling with loss and grief and I never want to take for granted these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment