Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Farewell to Summer

This is it, my last day of summer.  I have worked but I always had extra-long 4 day weekends that felt like freedom!  I will miss the days at the pool, lazy days spent with Chris, and nice little beach trips.  I am sad to see it end.  
However, I have a little confession to make.  While I am sad to see my thirtieth summer pass by, I have to admit that I am a lover of the excitement of the school season.  Who doesn't love school supplies, new school outfits, and the knowledge that Fall is just around the corner? 
So, yes, I am ready.  I have my binders, labeled and ready for each new syllabus.  There are packages of blue pens and highlighters, and even the little four-colored one that I thought I couldn't live without-you know, the white and blue one that has four color choices.:)  My textbooks are aired out and my little study niche is uncluttered and ready for some serious studying (er...the school supplies are nice but we'll see about the actual studying part).  

So here it is, my farewell to summer.  Farewell to staying up late and sleeping in.  Farewell to a summer crammed with books of pleasure and afternoons of nothing but blog-reading.  It's been fun but I've got lovely things to look forward to.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda thinking you "may" be a little too excited about studying. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the school supplies...

    ReplyDelete