Monday, March 7, 2011

This weekend my mom, sister, and I undertook the cleaning and sorting of my Grandmother's house. It was a big job and a strange experience to sort through the things that my grandparents collected throughout their lives. Often we would come across items that brought back a flood of warm memories such as this little china lady. The moment I saw her I was reminded of my childhood days spent at their house. She might be a little worse for the wear now. I think that yellow stuff is glue, holding together pieces from a time when she had been broken. I was able to take her home, though, and I consider her a "treasure". I love the memories I have and will treasure those most, however. I am reminded that her life was much more than just the things she left behind and I pray that my life is much more than just "things" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment