Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nothing's Sweeter....

Tonight Chris and I went swimming after we got home from a nice summer evening out.  Chris likes to swim and splash but I like to float...especially at night.  I was floating on my back looking at the stars and the full moon.  I couldn't hear anything because my ears were under water and it was so peaceful just looking at the sky.  I was looking at the Big Dipper in particular.  Stargazing is a favorite of mine and one summer I learned about a lot of the constellations.  I remember a few but the Big Dipper is one that I've known for a long time.  Something about the stars has always amazed me.  Anyway...I was floating and looking at the stars and thinking about all the other summers in my life when I have looked up to see the Big Dipper. 

Aren't summer memories some of the best memories?

When I think of summer I think of:
Family trips to Rock City/Lookout Falls
Bike-riding barefoot
Catching lightning bugs and putting them in a jar to use as a nightlight
Hide and go seek with my brother and sister
Swimming in the lake at Montgomery Bell State Park
Playing on the slip-n-slide down the hill behind my grandparents' house
The ice cream man!!
Grilling out on my grandparents' deck.  We would most likely always have grilled hamburgers and frozen fruit salad.
Going to Lylewood church camp, especially the cabin with no air conditioner!!
Mission trips to Wyoming and New Mexico
Hiking trips to Sugarloaf mountain and impromptu trips to Heber Springs
Swinging in the park with Chris when we were first dating and sitting under the pavilion while it stormed
Camping at Elkmont with a bear!!
Marrying Chris and going on our honeymoon to St. Lucia

Summer memories are wonderful!  They give me such a feeling of nostalgia and optimism.  I'm up for anything and anything is possible during those lazy summer days.  What are some of your favorite summer memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment