Sunday, May 15, 2011

HOTlanta

Chris and I have had a wonderful weekend. We are back home after a short trip to Atlanta. Our major plans were to go to the outlet stores in Dawsonville, Georgia, and then IKEA in Atlanta. We will close on our house in a few short weeks (hopefully sooner than later) and are looking for different things for our house. We didn't find too much at the outlets but I think we were saving our money for IKEA. It didn't, as ever, disappoint. We found lots of decorative stuff and furniture that we will be returning soon to pick up with a truck.:) We also decided to try something a little different and we looked up some antique and consignment stores. By accident I put in the wrong address into the GPS and we didn't immediately find the store we were looking for. Instead we found this:


I can hardly describe this store. It was an antique store in Chamblee, GA, but I had never seen anything like it. It was filled antiques from wall to wall, floor to ceiling. There was so much we could never have seen it all. Things here were a wee bit pricey for us but we found a couple of really cool mirrors at a thrift store nearby. Chris is going to try his hand at refinishing one of them. We'll try to show some before and after pictures. 

We shopped a lot and ate at some great restaurants. I had never been to On the Border and it was yum!


This was a weekend that Chris and I needed to just have fun again without homework looming over my head. Too bad we had to come home.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment