Saturday, May 28, 2011

To Market to Market

Chris and I decided to go downtown to the Market Square Farmers' Market this morning.

I was ready to bring home bags and bags of fresh fruit and produce. Well...I guess most things I had in mind aren't in season yet. I'm really not the expert on this. :)The market was wonderful-lots of green veggies, jams, gourmet dog treats, beef jerky, so many different things...even one of these:

Do you see the cool World's Fair license plate?


 We also went to The Horn of Plenty, another produce place here in Knoxville. They had beautiful flowers!

I love hibiscus!

So we didn't find exactly what I thought we would today but we came home with some yummy goodies:
 Fresh picked strawberries, spinach, red potatoes, and raspberries--homemade salsa--strawberry jam from the Mayfield Dairy farm. We also ate at one of our favorite places downtown-Trio. It was a fun day with my cute husband. He came home and continued working on his mirror project. We have decided to do a pickling stain. What the heck, it's our first project and we have to experiment, right? We'll be sure to show the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment