Thursday, June 30, 2011

10 Weeks Today!

(and counting...)
According to my little book, our baby is about the size of a small plum. (prune?) It is so fun to read into the next chapter to find out what is developing and how big he/she has gotten! Do I care if it's a boy or girl? I get asked that question a lot. Not really. I have always kind of imagined myself with a little girl. Chris is convinced that it is a boy. We're both just excited that there is one or the other growing in there!:) There are so many things to think about now, also. I have to think about everything that I put in my mouth, chemicals that I might be exposed to, and lifting restrictions. This last one is hard when you move into a new house and there are things that need to be lifted at every turn! Good thing I have a big strong boy who lives with me!;) How am I feeling? I am tired pretty much ALL THE TIME. I can't get enough sleep. I've not been too sick, but a little queasy the last couple of days. Some of the foods that I always have in the house kind of make me ill to think about. I was worried about it at first because I didn't really feel anything for a while, but I have decided not to borrow trouble. Cravings? I've heard that your food cravings can help predict the sex of the baby. You decide. I crave pizza nearly all the time. I've been wanting Mexican food for a few days now. Any kind of meat sounds good. I'm dying for a Diet Coke, but I think that might be the withdrawals speaking. I am trying to be good and get all my fruits and vegetables in and most of the time I do ok, however, I certainly don't crave them.
Mostly I am really excited and just a little scared that Chris and I are going to be responsible for a whole other living person. I pray daily about this baby, for it's safety, and for us. It seems so unreal at times but I am so thankful for this blessing and don't want to take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment