Monday, June 20, 2011

My "Floral Inheritance"

So when we first looked at this house, it was late winter, with nothing much growing in the beds. Well, we drove by a couple of weeks before the closing and we were amazed to see 2 huge hydrangea bushes had bloomed. I was so excited, and still am, seeing those flowers. However, when we officially closed and could inspect things more closely, we saw even more plants that we hadn't seen before. Turns out, we have "inherited" some really pretty landscaping with lots of things growing. 

Have I mentioned that I'm not the greatest with flowers? I don't even know really if I'm bad at it because I've never really tried but I have had the hardest time over the past few years trying to keep 3 small house plants alive!

Roses, hydrangeas, mini orange roses, and calla lilies! Who grows calla lilies? I didn't even know how they grew!:) Oh yes, we also have 3 large overgrown crepe myrtles in the backyard. Now I'm not the biggest flower lover, but I want to keep these alive and looking pretty! We've got our work cut out for us! If you have any tips on any of these, please send them my way!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! So pretty! What a nice inheritance. :)

    Brad and I never had anything to do with plants, either, until we bought our house. Now I can't get enough of them! I'm obsessed with our landscaping and check on our flowers daily. We just planted a hydrangea bush this spring, and I hope it will end up looking like those!

    I don't have any advice, other than lots of water and keeping an eye on them. We did learn that you can alter the color of your hydrangeas (and azaleas and rhododendrums) by adding iron to the soil with either some nails (weird) or pine needles. That's cool.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete