Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Know You're There

I LOVE the song "I Know You're There" by Casting Crowns.  Whenever I hear it I feel peace and hope and strength.  My favorite part of the song goes like this:

I know you're there.  I know you see me.  You're the air I breathe, you are the ground beneath me.  I know you're there.  I know you hear me.  I can find you anywhere.
The ground beneath me??  Wow, when I think about that and realize that it is true, I gain a little piece of perspective knowing that, even if I fall, I fall on Him.  When I think about the times in my life where I feel that He is closest and that I could find Him in the air I breathe, it would have to be the times where I am standing at the edge of the ocean or looking up at millions of stars from the top of a mountain or gazing down on a valley or even feeling the cool Fall wind on my face.  This is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen, this sunset in Cullen, Scotland.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  I can definitely find God in scenes like this:


Where have you found Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment