Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Perseverance?

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.  (That always gives me a little thrill, thinking about standing in his grace.) And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of GodNot only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."  ~Romans 5: 1-5

Right now, friends, I'm working toward that hope.  This has been a crazy day, following a not-so-great week.  I really feel that my perseverance is being tested right now.  I'm a little up and down every day about how I am going to handle the things going on in my life right now. (I'll go into more detail later.)  Right now, it is my prayer that I stand up and let His grace carry me.  

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."  ~Psalm 32:7

"In the day of trouble 'neath the shadow of your wings, Hide me away Oh Lord."

Do you ever have lines of songs go through your head at just the right time?

"Turn my heart Oh Lord, like rivers of water.  Turn my heart Oh Lord, by your hand.  Til my whole life flows in the river of your spirit and my name brings honor to the Lamb."

2 comments:

  1. A great reminder for us all. Praying for you, your week, and the trials that you have/are facing. LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU. ARE A GREAT GIRL. KEEP SMILING....REJOICE IN THE DAY FOR TODAY IS THE DY THE LORD HAS MADE......LOVE YOU AMP

    ReplyDelete