Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Happy Friday to You!

Happy Friday Friends!!  I am so glad that the weekend is here!  This brings me that much closer to the end of the semester which brings me that much closer to my last semester of Nursing school!!  Can we say Hallelujah?  I'm feeling very good about the weekend even though I've already had a couple of (minor) setbacks.  For one, my car slowly died on the way home from school today.  First the radio and air, then the odometer/thermometer/windows/blinkers/headlights...I could go on.  I was talking to Chris on the phone and we were laughing because I would give him a report of the next thing to die.  You have to laugh rather than cry sometimes, right?!?   Anyway, when I got home I tried to start it again and it wouldn't even start.  Chris is hoping it's just the alternator which is a relatively mild issue in the scheme of things I guess.  Definitely cheaper than a new car.  

Anyway...the second thing is that I have to work tomorrow.  Now, I don't know about you, but I think that working on Saturday is for the birds.  I kind of feel like everyone is having a party except for me.  However, I do want to help out while I'm in school so this is a great opportunity for me to do that.  It also will help with Christmas coming up!  (More likely, this paycheck will go for more practical things like alternators.)  

Despite these "setbacks", I'm pretty excited about the weekend.  Chris' cousin Callie and her little girl Sophi are coming to visit and the VOLS play tomorrow night!  Worship with our wonderful church family is Sunday and Thanksgiving and Christmas are on their merry way!  (There might be a couple of birthdays thrown in there as well.)  I know that I've rambled on here today, but I'm feeling a little joyful about life right now.  Nope, we don't really have the money for car parts right now, but we'll manage.  God has proven to us that he always provides.  

"O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below--you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way."

No comments:

Post a Comment