Friday, November 5, 2010

Love Without End, Amen.

It's been a little over 5 months since my Dad passed away and not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of him.  I miss him so much and so many things remind me of him like the start of football season during which he would be cheering on the Vols and the Colts.  A George Strait song will come on the radio and I am instantly taken back into childhood when we are riding in the car singing Amarillo by Morning.  I'm also reminded of him when I see my sister's determination and hard work or my brother's skill of being good with people and being admired by those around him.  I know that I carry some of him in me as well and I am positive that we have received the best of his character and love for family.  Tomorrow, November 6th, he would have turned 54 years old.  That little ache in my heart is hanging around again.  This date has been one of the most difficult for me.  This begins the next couple of months of birthdays and holidays that will be a first without him.  That thought it a little gut-wrenching.  I would want my Dad to know, though, that we are moving on with life.  He would be so mad if he knew we weren't  So, tomorrow may be a little difficult, but my mind will be filled with thoughts and memories of my Daddy who had the strongest arms and the warmest heart of any man in the world. 

Happy Birthday Daddy.
We will  love you and miss you always.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Regena... I am so sorry. My heart just breaks for your family. (I'm literally crying at work as I read this.) I know the birthday and holiday season is going to be so incredibly hard, I can't even imagine. I'll keep on keeping you guys in my prayers. I can't really do much to help, but know that I (and many others) love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a tough season. I did not realize your Daddy passed. I remember hearing of him in our small group meetings. I am sorry to hear about this. Cry as much as you need to. I'll be thinking of you guys this holiday season. Especially your Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD is holding you even when you feel alone. This story is a beautiful tribute to your father. May you find comfort and peace all throughout this upcoming CHRISTmas season. We'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regena, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know a little over a year ago you'd told me that he'd been sick and keep him in my prayers and I have. I'm sorry that I haven't been much a friend to you or Chris. I've been a workaholic since I've been back in Knoxville and really have not seen a whole lot of people at church. I know how much you hurt in missing your dad and I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers. This summer, 2011, will be 25 years ago since my mom passed away and there is not a day goes by that I don't miss her. I think about her all the time and am so thankful that God blessed me with the short time I had with her. So, just know that prayers of comfort are for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete