Monday, November 15, 2010

A Thankful Spirit

In the spirit of the season of giving thanks, I've come up with a list of a few things I am thankful for.  This is 
especially appropriate for me today because I have found myself lately feeling burned out (mostly with school) and having a negative attitude about certain things.  This list names those things I am most thankful for PLUS the things that I need a reminder to be thankful for!  In no particular order, these are the things I am thankful for today:

1.  My awesome family.  I don't know what I would do without them!
2.  Our wonderful church family.
3.  A job that allows me to interact with patients and make some extra money while I'm in school.
4.  Warm pajamas and a warm husband to cuddle with!
5.  Today I have to be thankful for cold, rainy weather.  Pretty cozy!
6.  A comfortable place to come home to and Chris' parents who always make us feel welcome.
7.  An unexpected free lunch from Jason's Deli!
8.  Friends at school who help keep everything in perspective.
9.  Night when someone else cooks!
10.  Puppy kisses from my Bailey-boy.  

I will enter His gates with Thanksgiving in my heart.  I will enter His courts with praise.  I will say this is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice for He has made me glad!

What is something that you are thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Love the list! Besides all the very obvious, wonderful blessings He gives me each day, I'm also very thankful for our dog, our house, our families, our friends, my job, changing seasons, upcoming Christmas time, blogs... oh, it goes on and on!

    ReplyDelete