Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blessed Lil' Birdie

I can't believe all the news from around the South that I have heard today. The people in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Mississippi, Georgia, Chattanooga, Cleveland, and all the other places that were affected are in my prayers. 

I did have to share this one little side story with you. You see, one little lady made a smart decision when she built her little house this Spring.
A little robin-mama built her nest in this fern tucked up under the porch. I don't know if you can see the hail damage to the wall to the right of the drain pipe, but this fern barely got even wet last night. 
There aren't many trees in our zip code that would have been a safe place for that mama bird and her five little eggs during the storm last night. That is definitely one fortunate little bird.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Very lucky mama bird. It's cool to see some of God's protection even in the midst of such chaos.

    ReplyDelete