Thursday, April 21, 2011

Praises

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise
 
Wow, this has been a pretty amazing week. I am almost speechless because of His blessings and feel that the last 2 hectic/happy/sad/sorrowful/blessed years while I have been in school are finally coming to an end. I think that a lot of the things that have happened over the past couple of years has really reminded me that the things of this life are temporary and that our true treasures are yet to come. Good news this week: I have been offered the job that I wanted the absolute most! I am so excited about it and also about the fact that our house contract can now become official! We should close on our house at the end of May. I also found out last night that my Dad will be inducted into his high school hall of fame for football. In May it will be 1 year since his death and I am so happy that we will be able to honor him in this way. 
 
While I hated going through some of the things that my family and I faced in the last couple of years I know that I am in a better position to receive His blessings and to know that I depend on Him. I also know that those aren't the last troubles I will face in this life, but I know where my strength comes from and that He will see me through.

Thank you also to my friends and family who have been with me through everything. You know who you are!!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment