Thursday, December 2, 2010

Almost There

Today is Thursday and I had my first comprehensive final exam out of four to complete my third semester of nursing school!  Three more finals to go and then I'm free for one whole month!  Do you know what else that means?  I have one measly little semester of school left.  ONE!  I sincerely won't know what to do when I can come home without something to read, study, or write!
One thing that makes me impatient right now is that I can hardly even think about Christmas until my tests are done.  I have wanted to get excited about it and actually do a little decorating, but there's too much school to do.  I love decorating for Christmas.  We do have our own stash of Christmas decor lost somewhere in the storage unit.  With our limited space right now, though, there would be nowhere to put it!  I will placate myself now, however, by envisioning us next Christmas, back on our own, with our own tree, ornaments, and stockings.  For now, here are a few of my favorite things:
Opryland Hotel
My husband-he is one of my favorite things.
My Bailey-boy is excited about Christmas.
 I love love love Christmas in New York City.  I was able to go during Christmastime a couple of years ago. Wonderful!

I'm ready to make some new Christmas memories this year!  We are volunteering with our church small group to participate in Habitat for Humanity on Saturday.  Man it's gonna be cold.  Feels good to be giving, though.  Then on Sunday we are going to see The Living Christmas Tree!  It's a tradition here in Knoxville (probably in other cities too) that we have not been able to attend yet.  So excited about that.  Next Saturday is pancakes with Santa a a cookie swap!  Whew-that calendar sure does fill up fast.  Be looking for new photos!

1 comment:

  1. You're so close to done! Keep it up! It's going to be sooooo rewarding when you're all finished with school. :)

    Your calendar really does look full! Sorry that you won't be able to decorate this year, but next year will make up for it. Have fun making new memories!

    ReplyDelete