Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Turn Your Eyes

When I left for school this morning it was snowing-big soft fluffy snowflakes.  It was very quiet and peaceful and at first I imagined that I could hear every soft snowflake hitting the ground.  I drove to school and took my last final for the semester.  One more semester to go!  My test was hard but I know that I did well enough.  I'm so excited to be finished for a little while and have more time to spend with Chris.  It's been a hard year in so many ways and I feel that the close of this semester gives me the opportunity to start new and fresh for the new year.  When I got home today I took my Bailey-boy for a much-needed walk and one of my favorite Newsboys' songs came on my iPod.  I'm sharing it with you to remind myself and you, if you choose, where to focus our eyes.
"When you're dull from all that glitters, when your thoughts have a hollow ring, when you can't escape from the feeling you're getting it wrong.  When your foolproof plans seem foolish, when your status is status quo, all you really need to know is where you belong.  Turn your eyes upon Jesus.  Look full in His wonderful face.  And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.
I was used to the cold for so long that I couldn't feel anything and I shivered instead like a beggar who won't lift his hands.  I was lost until He touched me.  I was deaf until He heard.  I was senseless til I met the one who understands.  Turn your eyes upon Jesus.  Look full in His wonderful face.  And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

1 comment:

  1. I needed those lyrics. Thank you so much.

    Glad that the end of the semester (and the start of a new year) gives you a chance to step back and start over. I can't even imagine what your year has been like. I hope this Christmas you can rest in God's grace and mercy, and share the love with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete