Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry White Christmas and a Celebration of 100!

This post is coming to you a date late!  That is because I have been in the land of no Internet the past couple of days-Woodbury, Tennessee.  We were supposed to drive home last night but ended up staying an extra night because of the weather.  It was great, though, because we had more time to spend with cousins, play games, and eat more fudge. :) We are back home now after a wonderful Christmas with both of our families. I honestly can't remember the last time it snowed on Christmas.  At my mom's house it started snowing Christmas Eve and we were convinced we were going to wake up to a white Christmas.  This is what we saw in the morning:
This snow might not seem impressive, especially to my lovely friends of northern persuasion, but it kept snowing throughout the day and was beautiful to this southern girl's eyes! Here are a few shots from Christmas Eve and Day:
 
 I had to show you all one of the most special gifts this Christmas.  Stacey's friend's grandma took photos of our family, transferred them to fabric, and made a photo quilt and was Stacey's gift to Mom.  It was beautiful, full of memories, and so special.  Mom loved it and I know she will treasure it for years to come.  If you click on the photo you can enlarge it and see some of the individual photos.
We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on Christmas Eve which was one of my Dad's favorite movies.  He sure was missed this Christmas but I think that he would be proud to know that we were happy and spent time together as a family.  We miss you so much, Daddy. 

We also spent time at Chris' grandparents' house which is always a blast.  We ate too much food, played games, and stayed warm and cozy inside while it was cold and snowy outside.  We decided to stay here another night so we could drive home in the daylight.
As I said, we are home, in our warm pjs, and snuggled in for a couple of nights to ourselves.  We have had a wonderful holiday and are so thankful for so many people who bless our lives.

In other news, this is my 100th post to "What's Up Buttercup?"!

It is pretty exciting.  I never knew when I started blogging this summer that I would love it so much.  I love being able to share my loves, disappointments, and joys with those who read it.  That leads me to another important point-THANK YOU to those of you out there who visit and read.  I'm so glad you aren't tired of my ramblings and whims.  I love being able to connect to you in some way and isn't this a fun way to do it?  So here's to the next 100 and I hope they're some good ones!:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful (white!) Christmas! Time with family is always a blessing, even when it's different than it's always been before. I know that you honored your dad's memory in everything that you did, including enjoying yourself. :)

    And, congrats on 100 posts! What a great accomplishment! We sure do enjoy reading your "ramblings and whims"! So, I'll wholeheartedly say "you're welcome" and I look forward to the next 100! :D

    ReplyDelete