Monday, December 20, 2010

Just Some Thoughts For Today

It's coming on Christmas and I'm tired already.  Does December do that to you?  In our family we have two birthdays and Christmas all in two weeks, not to mention all the get-togethers and parties.  It's fun and exciting but it can be exhausting!  I'm not sorry we didn't put up our tree.  Well, mostly not sorry.  I miss it but I'm glad, with our limited space, to leave that decorating til next year.  I'm missing my Dad too.  Christmas just seems kind of different this year.  I guess that is part of life-things changing and having to adapt to things that are strange or different.  I do have so much to be thankful for, though, even on this earth.  Lord, thank you for the blessings that I have that I don't deserve!  Thank you for families and memories and hope of eternity!

  Here is our tree that I so look forward to getting back out next year!
 Us on Christmas morning last year.
OK, I know this post has already been kind of random so I'll throw in a little more randomness.  At our small group Christmas party the other night, Jerrod, who was leading our thoughts before a prayer, read from his Bible which was a version different from any I had ever heard.  What I thought was so interesting is that this version talked about Jesus coming to our rescue.  Isn't that kind of funny, considering this time of year?  A baby-born in a stable-in some obscure country-came as our rescue?  I am struck a little dumb as I consider the simplicity and complexity of it.  A little teeny baby who grew and died and rose from the dead.  Wouldn't it be more than amazing to be able to to catch a glimpse of his toddler or teenage years?  Our rescue.  Reminds me of the Acapella song:  (ok, ok, humor me for one more minute and then I'll be done.:)

Lord You know everything I've done
Every thought I've had, You know every one
And Lord You know every time I fall
Still You come to my rescue when I call

Lord You hear every idle word,
Every thoughtless deed, how it seems absurd
That Lord You give, not what I am due
But mercy; You come to my rescue 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you made me cry. I love that song. Thank you so much for the reminder that Jesus is our rescue. It's so true. It is funny, however, to picture how that rescue came to us - in a manger. You're right about that.

    I can't imagine what Christmas is like for you this year. I really can't even begin to. But I hope you know that a lot of people love you (and your family) very much.

    Don't feel bad about not putting up your tree. From the looks of it, it's HUGE (and beautiful)! I'm sure with all the chaos and limited space, it's nicer to not have to worry about it. Besides, it will make next year that much better.

    I really like your "random" thoughts. I always appreciate when you really open up to what's in your heart.

    God bless you, Regena Hughes. You're an amazing woman. Thank you for being you.

    And... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete