Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Calling All Design Geniuses...

...and those who just like a pretty room...
This is what has been on my mind lately:
Chris and I have started looking and dreaming about our nest we hope to buy when I graduate. Graduation-coming soon May 7, 2011!  Can you believe it?  Anyway, we have been looking at neighborhoods and houses to get ideas about where we want to move.  We have found some great houses and possibly the house but I'll wait and share that with you when it's definite.  In the meantime I have been dreaming about decorating that house.  If you can't have it yet you might as well imagine, right?:) I love this living room.  I have to snitch and tell you that it's not Chris' favorite.  That's ok, he's entitled to his opinion. Mostly.:) He thinks we need a neutral sofa and I guess I can see his point.  If we wanted to change it I guess we'd be stuck with a red couch, right?  What do you think?  Any ideas on how to get the look but change it around a little?

Another room I like:
Now, you're not just going to walk in any house and find a kitchen like this.  We would have to make it like this ourselves, but I love these colors and ideas.  I'm loving turquoise right now and I think the cream and butcher block look awesome!  Nothing we would do right now, but I love the idea that one day we might!

Bedroom:
I love the feel of this room although there are some things I would change.  Love the coziness of it!

Guest Bedroom:
I like this cheerful color but I have a blue toile-ish quilt that I would like to put in a yellow room.  Too much yellow?  The blue in the quilt I would say is a porcelain blue.  What do you think?  With yellow pillows?

Last but not least...
The bathroom:
Haha.  Yeah right!  I think any space we have this big will be used for something else.  Isn't this bathroom awesome, though?

Thanks for dreaming with me for a couple of minutes!  It's fun to think about our house and make plans for the future.  Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I love the turquoise, too, but it seems like it's a trend right now. How about switching up the butcher block island color and the cabinets. Have the ivory cabinets and incorporate your turquoise in the island? Distressed of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I would get the same look but less commitment. The island is much easier to change.:) Thank for the input!

    ReplyDelete