Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Thoughts

What a dreary kind of day around here!  Snow was forecast for this morning but we've just had a gray drizzle all day.  Brighter times are ahead, though, right??  Tonight we have a little belated New Year's shindig and tomorrow night is dinner and a movie date-night with my cute husband.  Has anyone seen True Grit?  I also just started my 6th book that I have read since my break a month ago.  I reread Gone With the Wind since my Mom bought me the awesome vintage edition...
Love this book!!  Now I'm rereading Scarlett-the "sequel" by Alexandra Ripley.  Definitely books to read multiple times!  I'm also reading The Prince and the Pauper and Reshaping it All.  Yes, I've been known to read multiple books too!  I've still got a list of books I want to read.  Don't know how many of those I'll get through right now, but the task is exciting to me.:) 
Now I'm off to the grocery to get ingredients for the dessert I'm making for tonight.  What am I making?  I think Paula Deen's gooey butter cake.  Not a resolution's friend, but we're still celebrating, right?  Moderation, friends, moderation.  
I hope your weekend is blessed and safe and filled with people you love!

2 comments:

  1. I've never read (or seen) GWTW. Worth it? I love that you're reading so many books for pleasure while you're off of school. Way to take advantage of the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally worth it at least once. Read it first. It's such a classic!

    ReplyDelete